Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Effective Date: 14 August 2020
Terms of website use
Information about us
www.gyroscopetx.com and www.orbitsds.com are sites operated by Gyroscope Therapeutics Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”, “Gyroscope”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10131257 and have our registered office at Stevenage Bioscience Catalyst, Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage, Herts, England SG1 2FX. This is also our main trading address. Our VAT number is GB246684866.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on +441438 906770.
We may make changes to these terms.
We may amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our sites, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to our site
We aim to update our sites regularly and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our sites, or close either or both indefinitely. Any of the material on our site mays be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update such material.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
Intellectual property rights
Gyroscope, the Gyroscope logo, the Gyroscope roundel, Orbit SDS, the Orbit logo and all Gyroscope product names are trademarks of Gyroscope Therapeutics Limited. Any third-party trademarks appearing on our sites are used only to identify the products and services of their respective owners and Gyroscope Therapeutics claims no ownership nor any affiliation with those third-party trademarks or their respective owners.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our sites, and in the material published on it, including the arrangement of those materials. The sites and all materials are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Unless provided for under an applicable law, the sites including its contents may not be copied, distributed, modified or published without prior written permission from us (or the copyright owner where we are licensee)
Reliance on information posted
The content on our sites, including all medically-related information, is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to amount to, or be a substitute for, medical or other advice on which you can rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our sites. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such information by any visitor to our sites, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. We do not warrant or guarantee any treatment, therapy, medication, device, diagnosis, action, recommendation, research or strategy available through the sites. Please confirm all content on our sites with your physician and other professional healthcare providers.
THE CONTENT ON THESE SITES IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT. DO NOT DISREGARD, AVOID OR DELAY OBTAINING MEDICAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU MAY HAVE READ ON THIS SITES. DO NOT USE THE SITES FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL NEEDS. IF YOU EXPERIENCE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL A HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our sites, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our sites is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our sites contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only and do not constitute an endorsement by Gyroscope of third-party products or services, or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you when using this site
- GYROSCOPE THERAPEUTICS LIMITED SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES (EXCEPT FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY OUR NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF DAMAGE FOR WHICH LIABILITY CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED DUE TO STATUTORY OR SIMILAR CONSUMER PROTECTION LAW) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITES, EVEN IF GYROSCOPE THERAPEUTICS LIMITED HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO RELIANCE BY ANY PARTY ON ANY CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR THAT ARISES IN CONNECTION WITH MISTAKES OR OMISSIONS IN, OR DELAYS IN TRANSMISSION OF, INFORMATION TO OR FROM THE USER, INTERRUPTIONS IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS CONNECTIONS TO THE SITES OR VIRUSES, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, WAR, TERRORISM, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF, OR UNAUTHORIIZED ACCESS TO THE SITES.
- IF FOR ANY REASON THE DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREUNDER ARE INAPPLICABLE OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN GYROSCOPE THERAPEUTICS LIMITED’S TOTAL LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED $1,000.
- EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED ABOVE, THIS SITES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, WHICH MEANS THAT SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH SAYS “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXCUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.”
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our sites will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our sites. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our sites by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our sites, the server on which our sites are stored or any server, computer or database connected to our sites. You must not attack our sites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our sites will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our sites
You may link to our home pages, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our sites in any website that is not owned by you.
Our sites must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our sites other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our sites other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
We are discovering and developing innovative medicines to preserve people’s sight and fight the devastating impact of blindness around the world. Our ultimate goal for our patients is – Vision For Life.
Orbit, Orbit SDS and the Orbit logos are trademarks of Gyroscope Therapeutics Limited.
© Gyroscope Therapeutics Limited, 2023.
All rights reserved